- This event has passed.
Economist Role at Dublin Chamber
July 4, 2017 - July 28, 2017
Dublin Chamber is recruiting an Economist to work as part of the Chamber’s dedicated policy team.
The Economist will be responsible for the development and dissemination of accurate, timely reports and analyses.
- Research and policy development.
- Prepare economic research and policy positions on issues of relevance to the Dublin business community.
- Analyse and disseminate information on Dublin and the Irish economy.
- Analyse public policy developments for their impact on Dublin and on business.
- Draft key policy documents and reports.
- Contribute to the research agenda of the department, including servicing policy taskforces.
- Prepare member-driven submissions to Government and contribute to Dublin Chamber’s work on policy briefs which enhance its reputation as a thought-leader on policy research.
Competencies & Qualifications
- Honours degree in economics or closely related discipline. A relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of economic theory and policy, and current economic issues.
- Familiarity with economic data sources and other information.
- Excellent numerical analysis and report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and utilise a range of communication methods as appropriate.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work in team environment