- Submission Deadline: 30th September 2023
- Notification Date: 15th October 2023
- Event Date: 21st December 2023, 08.30-17:00
- Format: In person
- Venue: Central Bank of Ireland, Dublin
- Registration: Details TBC
Central Bank of Ireland will host the inaugural “Economics Winter Workshop” in Dublin on 21 December 2023. We aim to provide an annual forum for economists, both domestic and foreign-based, to connect and discuss current issues within our Research Agenda. This covers a wide range of topics, including many new as well as long-standing issues relevant to small open economies with complex financial systems. Such engagement enhances the quality of our policy decisions and advice, through the creation of networks that foster collaboration and facilitate challenge.
We will select approximately five to eight papers, with a discussant for each to facilitate wider participation. Selection will balance seniority and topic, aiming for a diverse representation. While it is expected participants will cover their own costs, there is some funding available upon application. The event will also feature a keynote lecture by Kevin O’Rourke and a policy panel with Philip Lane, Martina Lawless, Niamh Moloney and Michael McMahon.
We invite submissions before September 30 and will notify authors before October 15. The programme committee comprises of Daragh Clancy, Gillian Phelan, Martin O’Brien and Gerard O’Reilly.
This event is in person. For submissions, and in case of any questions, please email email@example.com with “Economics Winter Workshop” in the subject line.
- Philip Lane, Chief Economist, European Central Bank
- Martina Lawless, Research Professor, Economic and Social Research Institute
- Niamh Moloney, Professor of Law, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Michael McMahon, Professor of Economics, Oxford University
- Kevin O’Rourke, Professor of Economics, NYU Abu Dhabi