On Tuesday October 25th, Trinity College Dublin will host a public roundtable on the European Debt Crisis, as part of the Policy Institute’s 2011-2012 Henry Grattan Lecture Series. This event will take place 4pm-5.45pm. The event is free – all welcome. Please let Helen Murray at Policy Institute know if you plan to come along (policy.institute at tcd.ie).
Co-hosted by the IIIS, this will feature some very good international experts:
- Mike Dooley (UC Santa Cruz)
- Peter Boone (LSE)
- Jean Pisani-Ferry (Bruegel)
- Ciaran O’Hagan (Societe Generale)
More details are available here.
Before the public policy event, there will also be a IIIS research workshop on October 25th from 12-3 in the IIIS seminar room, with presentations by
- Mike Dooley, TBA
- Alan Ahearne and Guntram Wolff, “The Debt Challenge in Europe”
- Kristin Forbes and Frank Warnock, “Capital Flow Waves: Surges, Stops, Flight and Retrenchment“
- Philip R. Lane and Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, “External Adjustment and the Global Crisis”